Generic Dilantin are used for treating certain types of convulsions and seizures. They may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor. Although it has been used in many conditions, Phenytoin's only approved use is as an anti-seizure medication, especially to prevent tonic-clonic (grand mal) seizures and complex partial seizures (psychomotor seizures). Phenytoin acts on the brain and nervous system in the treatment of epilepsy. Phenytoin may also be used to prevent and treat seizures occurring during and after neurosurgery.
Anticonvulsants Dilantin (Generic)
Phenytoin, offered under the brand name Dilantin among others, is an anti-seizure drug. Dilantin (Phenytoin) is prescribed to avoid as well as regulate seizures (also called an anticonvulsant or antiepileptic medicine). It works by reducing the spread of seizure task in the brain. You ought to take Dilantin exactly as recommended by your doctor.Do not crush, chew, damage, or open an ER capsule. Swallow it entire.Do not use any type of Dilantin pill that has actually changed shades. The chewable tablet has to be eaten before you ingest it. If you are utilizing liquid kind Phenytoin, tremble the oral suspension (fluid) well prior to you gauge a dose. Measure fluid medicine with the application syringe supplied, or with a special dose-measuring spoon or medicine mug. Obtain urgent medical help in case you experience any indicators of an allergies. You may be much more likely to have an allergy if you are African-American. Tell about any kind of new or worsening signs and symptoms to your physician, including: state of mind or behavior adjustments, anxiousness, depression, or if you feel perturbed, agitated, hostile, hyperactive (psychologically or physically), or have ideas about suicide or injuring your body. You should call your physician without delay if you have a significant negative effects mentioned above.
How to purchase Dilantin
Ordering Dilantin online with our drug store service is quick and also easy. At the same time you need to take your treatment with a great care. Consult your doctorfirst when make up your mind to purchase Phenytoin to deal with the necessary conditions. Self-medication may be the factor of severe bad results.
|Quantity||Our Price||Price Per pill||You save|
|30 pills|| || || || || |
|60 pills|| || || || || |
|90 pills|| || || || || |
|120 pills|| || || || || |
|180 pills|| || || || || |
How to take
Generic Dilantin comes as a capsule to take by mouth. It usually is taken two or three times a day. Take Generic Dilantin exactly as directed. Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor. Do not open, crush, or chew capsules; swallow them whole. Continue to take Phenytoin even if you feel well. Do not stop taking Phenytoin without talking to your doctor, especially if you have taken large doses for a long time. Abruptly stopping the drug can cause seizures.
Side effects include:
- Dizziness, drowsiness, difficulty focusing (vision), unsteady gate, tiredness, abnormal involuntary movements, nausea, vomiting, constipation, decreased coordination, involuntary eye movement, mental confusion, slurred speech, abdominal pain, loss of
- insomnia, difficulty swallowing, constipation, stomach pain, loss of taste and appetite, appetite, redness, irritation, bleeding, and swelling of the gums
- muscle twitching, nervousness, headache, and increased hair growth.
Call your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following symptoms: Difficulty coordinating movements, skin rash, easy bruising, tiny purple-colored skin spots, bloody nose, slurred speech, unusual bleeding, yellowing of the skin or eyes, dark urine, swollen glands, fever, sore throat.
If you have ever had an allergic reaction to or are sensitive to Phenytoin or similar epilepsy medications such as Peganone or Mesantoin, do not take Phenytoin. Make sure your doctor is aware of any drug reactions you have experienced.
Tell your doctor if you develop a skin rash. If the rash is scale-like, characterized by reddish or purplish spots, or consists of (fluid-filled) blisters, your doctor may stop Phenytoin and prescribe an alternative treatment. If the rash is more like measles, your doctor may have you stop taking Phenytoin until the rash is completely gone.
Because Phenytoin is processed by the liver, people with impaired liver function, older adults, and those who are seriously ill may show early signs of drug poisoning.
Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages while taking Phenytoin. Phenytoin is secreted into breast milk. Nursing is not recommended for persons taking Phenytoin.
It is especially important to check with your doctor before combining Phenytoin with the following:
- Alcohol, Amiodarone (Cordarone), Antacids containing calcium, Blood-thinning drugs such as Coumadin, Chloramphenicol (Chloromycetin), Chlordiazepoxide (Librium)
- Cimetidine (Tagamet), Diazepam (Valium), Dicumarol, Digitoxin (Crystodigin), Disulfiram (Antabuse), Doxycycline (Vibramycin), Estrogens such as Premarin,
- Ethosuximide (Zarontin), Felbamate (Felbatol), Fluoxetine (Prozac), Furosemide (Lasix), Isoniazid (Nydrazid), Major tranquilizers such as Mellaril and Thorazine,
- Methylphenidate (Ritalin) Molindone hydrochloride (Moban), Oral contraceptives, Paroxetine (Paxil), Phenobarbital, Quinidine (Quinidex), Reserpine (Diupres),
- Rifampin (Rifadin), Salicylates such as aspirin, Seizure medications such as Depakene, Depakote, Tegretol, and Zarontin, Steroid drugs such as prednisone (Deltasone), Sucralfate (Carafate), Sulfa drugs such as Gantrisin, Theophylline (Theo-Dur, others), Ticlopidine (Ticlid), Tolbutamide (Orinase),
- Trazodone (Desyrel), Ulcer medications such as Tagamet and Zantac. Phenytoin's metabolism may be affected by other drugs.
- Drugs that can reduce the amount of Phenytoin in the body include Rifampin and Phenobarbital. Drugs that increase Phenytoin concentrations include Amiodarone,
- Chloramphenicol, Cimetidine, Disulfiram, Fluconazole, Fluoxetine, Isoniazid (INH), Omeprazole, and Paroxetine.
The oral absorption of Phenytoin can be reduced by any of the following: antacids containing magnesium, calcium carbonate, or aluminum; calcium salts; or enteral feeding products (tube feedings). Separating the administration of Phenytoin and enteral feeding products, antacids, or calcium salts by at least 2 hours will help avoid this interaction.